All Schwinn A.C.™ indoor bikes come standard with Double Link pedals with SPD and toe-clip combinations to accommodate both cycling cleats and regular athletic shoes. The bikes are also compatible with the Schwinn Triple Link™ pedal upgrade. Triple Link Pedals accommodate Look Delta and SPD style cleats to simulate an outdoor riding experience. They also easily convert to accept traditional athletic shoes with the snap-in locking toe clips. Belt drive using Carbon Blue™ technology Recommended User Height: 4’11” to 6’8″.
The AC Performance bike is Schwinn Triple Link™ pedal compatible. Triple Link Pedals accommodate Look, Delta and SPD style cleats to simulate an outdoor riding experience. They easily convert to accept traditional athletic shoes with the snap-in locking toe clips.
Introducing Carbon Blue™ technology – a belt drive system combining unmatched durability with the authentic outdoor biking feel you expect from Schwinn. For nearly 20 years, Schwinn carbon blue belt drive bikes have led the indoor cycling industry. Even as other companies began to use belt drives, we stayed true to our technology for one simple reason: belt drives felt nothing like riding an outdoor bike. Today, all of that is changing. There is a revolutionary new belt drive taking the outdoor bike community by storm, and we’ve adapted it and brought it indoors on the A.C. Performance. This next generation system delivers guaranteed durability and virtually zero maintenance, without sacrificing the Schwinn authentic cycling feel that riders know and love.
Several years ago, a company named Gates introduced a concept never before seen on outdoor bikes – a belt drive that performed like a chain. Their innovative system – called Carbon Drive™– features a carbon fiber reinforced belt with teeth for maximum durability and true bike performance. Over time, this has transitioned from a novelty system to a mainstream solution used on hundreds of outdoor bike models today. Over the past year, we have worked with Gates to adapt this revolutionary technology to our A.C. Performance bike. The result is a new belt-based drive system that combines the maintenance-free durability and performance of a belt with the authentic-ride feel of a chain. We call it Carbon Blue ™ – those who ride it call it “incredible.”
BENEFITS OF CARBON BLUE™LOW MAINTENANCE
- Belt never requires lubrication
- Tension never needs to be adjusted
- High-inertia drive train provides momentum and feel of chain drive
- Toothed belt provides rider feedback and road feel
- High Performance handlebars support all rider needs, from comfort to high-performance
- Virtual Contact™ Magnetic resistance brake allows for smooth, consistent control
- Schwinn Fit system enables a wide range of seat and handlebar adjustments to provide a safe and comfortable setup for a wide range of riders
- Carbon fiber reinforcement makes this belt incredibly durable
- The longest warranty of any belt or chain on the market
- Product Dimensions: 54" L x 21" W x 51" H (137cm x 53cm x 130cm)
- Product Weight: 102 lbs (46 kg)
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs (159 kg)
- Frame Finish: Aluminum
- Frame Color: Pearl White
- Seat Slider, Handlebars and Hardware Materials: Aluminum
- Drive System: Belt drive using Carbon Blue™ technology
- User Compatible Size Range: Typically 4'11" to 6'8" (150 to 203 cm) tall
- MPower™ Echelon Console Compatible: Yes
- Q Factor: 170mm
- This unit requires Morse Taper Pedals, please call for details
Frame: 10 years Mechanical: 2 years Wear items: 6 months Labor: 1 year
Stages takes the guesswork out of training, both on the road and in the studio. Many elite outdoor cycling teams and individuals choose Stages Power because when using the most accurate measure of performance, they can develop and adhere much more precisely to their fitness goals. Now your studio riders can benefit from the same precise data professionals use, and map their fitness strategies to more quickly reach their own goals.
The SC3 comes standard with the following premium features:
- Bike Weight: 96 lbs (43 kg).
- Bike Dimensions: 24.5” W x 43.5” L (62.23cm W x 110.49cm L).
- Frame Material & Construction: 6061T-6 aluminum alloy, advanced hydro & air formed tubing, TIG weld.
- Frame Finish & Color: Industrial powder coat, Steel Blue.
- Assembly Hardware: Stainless steel.
- Drive System: CarbonGlyde featuring Gates® Carbon Drive™ carbon fi ber belt.
- Gear Ratio: 5:1.
- Resistance System: Magnetic Eddy current with SprintShift resistance lever, microadjust resistance dial, & emergency push-to-stop.
- Q-Factor: 158mm.
- Handlebars: Comfort coated aluminum Stages RoadBar.
- Adjustment System: StagesFit with FitLoc height & patented fore-aft adjustment.
- Flywheel: High-inertia, cast iron perimeter weighted.
- Pedals: SPD & toe cage.
- Rider Fit Range: 4’10” (147cm) to 6’10” (208cm).
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs (158 kg).
- Power Measurement: Stages Power meter, Stages EcoSCRN display with selfgenerating power source.