Introducing Carbon Blue™ technology – a belt drive system combining unmatched durability with the authentic outdoor biking feel you expect from Schwinn. For nearly 20 years, Schwinn carbon blue belt drive bikes have led the indoor cycling industry. Even as other companies began to use belt drives, we stayed true to our technology for one simple reason: belt drives felt nothing like riding an outdoor bike. Today, all of that is changing. There is a revolutionary new belt drive taking the outdoor bike community by storm, and we’ve adapted it and brought it indoors on the A.C. Performance Plus. This next generation system delivers guaranteed durability and virtually zero maintenance, without sacrificing the Schwinn authentic cycling feel that riders know and love.
Several years ago, a company named Gates introduced a concept never before seen on outdoor bikes – a belt drive that performed like a chain. Their innovative system – called Carbon Drive™– features a carbon fiber reinforced belt with teeth for maximum durability and true bike performance. Over time, this has transitioned from a novelty system to a mainstream solution used on hundreds of outdoor bike models today. Over the past year, we have worked with Gates to adapt this revolutionary technology to our A.C. Performance Plus bike. The result is a new belt-based drive system that combines the maintenance-free durability and performance of a belt with the authentic-ride feel of a chain. We call it Carbon Blue ™ – those who ride it call it “incredible.”
BENEFITS OF CARBON BLUE™
- Belt never requires lubrication
- Tension never needs to be adjusted
REAL BIKE FEEL
- High-inertia drive train provides momentum and feel of chain drive
- Toothed belt provides rider feedback and road feel
- Product Dimensions: 50" L x 21" W x 51" H (127cm x 53cm x 130cm)
- Product Weight: 112 lbs (51 kg)
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs (159 kg)
- Frame Finish: Aluminum
- Frame Color: Pearl White
- Seat Slider, Handlebars and Hardware Materials: Aluminum
- Drive System: Belt drive using Carbon Blue™ technology
- User Compatible Size Range: Typically 4'11" to 6'8" (150 to 203 cm) tall
- MPower™ Echelon Console Compatible: Yes
- Q Factor: 170mm
- Aluminum frame provides rust-free performance and is significantly lighter than steel.
- 6 magnet brake system provides smooth, consistent, and maintenance-free resistance that won’t wear or change over time.
- Schwinn Fit System with micro-adjustments enables versatile seat and handlebar adjustments for refined positioning.
- Light weight handlebars with new adjustment system provides easy set-up and increased adjustment range.
- Aluminum seat slider, handlebars and hardware materials for rust-free performance.
- Dual-density saddle for comfort and performance.
- Enhanced handlebar design improves grip comfort and support for all rider needs, from comfort to high-performance.
- Dual handlebar mounted water bottle holders.
- Double Link pedals with SPD and toe-clip combinations accommodate both cycling cleats and regular athletic shoes.
- Wide step through frame design for easy entry and exit from the bike.
- Chain drive system uses forged steel crank and ISIS oversized bottom bracket.
- Simple flywheel and chain guard removal to simplify any service needs.
- Upgraded chain tensioning hardware with easy access.
- Durable non-slip stretch pads located on several parts of the frame keep your bike looking great.
- Heavy duty leveling feet keep the bike level during all types of workouts.
- Compatible with the optional MPower Console (sold separately).
- Front transport wheels make moving the unit easy.
Optional MPower™ Console V2: Would you run on a treadmill that did not provide you with measurements such as time, speed, distance and calories burned? Once you experience the Schwinn MPower Console V2, you will wonder how you ever rode group cycle bikes without these measurements, and you will never want to ride without them again. The MPower Console V2 provides RPM, stage and total time measurements, and in addition if rider is wearing a heart rate strap, HR and calories burned are also displayed. The MPower Console V2 becomes even more powerful when used in combination with the Schwinn Power Upgrade, which allows it to provide Watts, speed, distance and calories based on Watts.
- User compatible size range: Typically 4’11” to 6’8” (150 to 203 cm) tall
- Built dimensions: 43 L x 20 W x 48 H in (109 L x 51 W x 122 H cm)
- Built weight (NW): 106 lbs (48.1 kg)
- Carton dimensions: 44.3 L x 11.4 W x 38 H in (112.5 L x 29 W x 96.5 H cm)
- Carton weight (GW): 118 lbs (53.5 kg)
- Maximum user weight: 300 lbs (136 kg)
- Q Factor: 170mm
- SKU: 100178
- UPC: 855512003182